Since its inception in 2002, SASCI has undertaken numerous projects aimed at promoting a sustainable economic, environmental, and social future for southwest Alberta. These have involved many other regional stakeholders and organizations. For example, SASCI:
- facilitated a forum on the proposed regional water project for the Town and MD of Pincher Creek;
- facilitated community dialogue regarding the relocation of the Pincher Creek Women's Emergency Shelterl
- moderated inter-municipal strategic planning sessions;
- moderated all-candidates' forums prior to municipal elections;
- facilitated the MD of Pincher Creek's Wind Energy Conversion System Bylaw Review;
- facilitated dialogue between landowners and landowner groups and industry;
- supported the MD of Pincher Creek in planning a Community Values Assessment project (a back-casting and visioning process to both review previous visioning processes and move forward with confirmation of current values);
- presented papers at various conferences;
- participated in the Joint Integrated Emergency Plan Pilot Project with the Town and MD of Pincher Creek, Shell Canada Energy, Buffalo Resources, and Advantage Oil and Gas;
- continued our education and communication role in the Southwest Alberta Montane Research Program on elk;
- co-facilitated completion of Phase Three of the Southern Foothills Cumulative Impact Study;
- moderated the “Economic Value of Parks for Neighbouring Communities” seminar in the Crowsnest Pass and Pincher Creek;
- developed practices for stakeholder consultation and municipality notification by energy companies; and
- launched groundwater management best practices for the oil and gas industry.
For more information about these and other SASCI projects, contact us.